From:
Darlene A Breed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:14:01 -0400
I have had this happen to a couple of people who own the M***** PIS.
When the mother is finished pumping she should disconnect her tubing and
not roll it into the little compartment where the tubes attach. This
allows air to get through and dry out any mositure that collects.  Some
moms have done that.  If any moisture has collected in the tubing, it can
because of moms body temp, it will turn to mold eventually.  I tell the
moms to hang the tubing over a door  knob or in the back of a door to be
sure it dries out completely.  Also she should call Medela and tell them
this happened and they will replace the tubing if this is a pump that she
purchased.  I have had two moms who were able to replace their tubing
because of this problem.
Darlene Breed, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Worcester, MA (USA)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]