From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:21:19 -0500
Can anyone else *smell* an elevated direct bili? The docs used to think I
was nuts, but I can usually tell by sniffing the kid if it's a problem or
not. Can't describe what it smells like, but I know it when I whiff it. (I'm
also gifted at sniffing out UTIs days before other sx. appear, and I have
many times smelled postpartum hemorrhage just walking down the hall - makes
for a funny-sounding nsg. note.) Well, we take our special gifts where we
find 'em!

Cathy Bargar, RN, IBCLC