From:
Judy Canahuati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:59:13 -0600
Dear Friends:  I am still no-mail due to the tremendous press of work from
the aftermath of Mitch (and thank you to everyone who has contributed cash
or in kind contributions) and trying to finish up the Action Folder for
WBW99 (and thank you for those who wrote in with experiences at influencing
education).

However, I received this from Lactivist and Denise and thought that if you
haven't received it yet from someone else, I should send it to you because
it is important, as are all of Denise' communications.

Remember friends that Amamentacao Online brings you WABA in English,
virtual breastfeeding greeting cards and now Xmas cards, information about
IBFAN, the information about both the WABA conferences in Bangkok and this
year's conference in Manila.

It is an extremely valuable site and it would be terrible if Nestle beat it
in the "Health" category.

Thank you and greetings of the season, Judy
-----------------
The following is Denise's letter and instructions on how to vote.  If all
of Lactnet votes between now and 31 December, Amamantacao Online will win
again this year or at least come in close to Nestle (urgh...) and please
write your notes too.
------------------------
Hi, folks

One more time we ned your support!

Our website "Breastfeeding Online" is competing in a national contest
promoted by the Internet World magazine. Last year we were among the Top 5!

In 1998 we didn't have time to promote our site. But today I was shocked to
read that the NESTLE website is among the Top 3 in the "Health category"!!!!!!

I wrote a message to the people who is running the contest saying how
terrible is that Nestle is going to win a contest in the Health "rank"!

So, I'm asking for your support to:

1. Write messages to the contest organizors <[log in to unmask]> explaing
why we think Nestle cannot compete among HEALTH websites! There is category
called "Food" that would be fine, but NEVER "Health"!

It would be useful to give them some information about boycott and why
bottlefeeding is harmful for children.

2. Vote in our website, so even if Nestle will be among the best sites we
will be there and we will protest against it in our page! So people, at
least will be able to know about our ideas!!!

I know, it is in Portuguese and sometimes not so easy to do it, but I will
try to explain step by step:

1. Go to   http://www.ibest.com.br

2. Click on "pre-votacao"  (The second one on the left side)

3. Then click in :   10 - Saude   (It means "Health" category in Portuguese)

4. This is a list of websites and our site is the 26o: you just click in
Amamentacao Online and our name will appear in the first blank box below.

5. Then just click in  enviar ("to send" mouse at left)

Thank you so much if you can use some of you time to do it for us! You can
vote until December 31.

And one more time I wishy you a very Merry Christmas!!!

KISSES to all!

Denise Arcoverde
WABA Brasil
IBFAN Recife
Grupo Origem
"La Lactancia Materna: Educación para la Vida " Semana Mundial de Lactancia
Materna, 1999

Judy Canahuati, MPhil, IBCLC
PO Box #512
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Telephone: +504-550-9737
Fax:       +504-550-7482
E-mail:    [log in to unmask]

"The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.
The paths are not to be found, but made, and the activity of making them
changes both the maker and the destination."  John Schaar