From:
Karen Gromada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 May 2009 18:00:15 -0400
Re: eRewards survey -- Well, it's the old LC or LLLL (or reasonable
facsimile) catch-22... Someone actually asks for the input of those who know
more breastfeeding aids/devices (finally) via a typical marketing research
format and we're all damned it we do and damned if we don't.
As per typical market research one wouldn't expect to be given the info re:
company/org/group who originated the survey -- having that info would
introduce bias and invalidate the survey results before they'd even obtained
Unfortunately, rejecting payment for investing one's time to respond to
online surveys results in one's responses being thrown out -- so much for
being asked. And if it's typical market research, the survey originator will
never have names, etc. of who completed the survey because the market
research company is hired for the purpose of keeping participant personal
info confidential. To share that info would be incredibly unethical and the
company conducting the research would lose a lot of credibility if that
occurred and became public knowledge -- and it probably would because it's
the kind of story the press loves. Plus, if survey participants find their
names being used in ways they didn't OK, we'd all know which
company/org/group that

So it's a catch-22 and each person asked should be able to decide which
potential disadvantage is greater/stronger -- responding or ignoring it.

--
Karen Gromada
www.karengromada.com/