From:
Kirsten Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:15:55 -0500
>I guess this is
>perhaps not really politically correct, but I know who would be called if the
>baby got sick after they "pushed" the longer guidelines.  Am I totally off
>base here????

On the other hand, a working and pumping mom might well decide to
supplement rather than deal with having to freeze between Friday and
Monday.  Is it really fair to know that longer storage times are
acceptable, and not tell the moms so they can make their own decision? In
my organization (not LLL) I've had this discussion with several counsellors
who feel that _they_ would be uncomfortable with the longer storage times,
but I feel that it is the mother's place to make the decision, not ours.

I tell moms that up to 8 days is acceptable, and after that the milk _must_
go.  Even though longer is probably fine too, 8 days is as long as research
supports.

Kirsten Jones
Santa Cruz, California