Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:59:16 +1000
We add HMF to fresh or thawed EBM as needed in the room where the baby is.
We don't have a milk room with a person to get the day's milk supply ready.
Each baby's carer is responsible for their baby's feed.We have a freezer and
only thaw EBM as needed.each of our rooms has a small fridge in which we put
fresh EBM mothers bring in on a daily basis,this lasts for days before it is
considered expired.
Thawed EBM is only considered to  last for 24hrs in the fridge  ,so each
shift is responsible for thawing EBM as needed.
They are also responsible for adding HMF when it is ordered.

Anne Clements RN RM BNS
Brisbane QLD
Australia