From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:50:24 -0500
Here is the reply that I received from CLinique about their anti aging
cream ad in Allure that had a baby bottle in it.

Cindy

--------------

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for contacting us.  We were surprised to receive your
comments, and appreciate this opportunity to address your concern.

Since Clinique's introduction in 1968, we have earned a reputation not
only for consistently superior products, but for the excellence and good
sense of our advertising and promotional materials.  We value all of our
consumers, and we strive for sensitivity in everything we do.  It is
therefore disheartening to learn of your disappointment.

Please be assured that the ad was not intended to convey any negative
concept or sentiment other than excitement for our products.
Nonetheless, your correspondence has reminded us that individual
perceptions vary.  We do regret you found the ad offensive.  Your
comments have been forwarded to our Marketing Department, as we are sure
they will be interested in your remarks.

Once again, thank you for this opportunity to clarify our position.  We
hope you will continue to look to Clinique for all your skin care and
makeup needs.

Sincerely,

Clinique Consumer Communications