From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 20:23:41 +0000
>Hard to imagine that the parents gave informed consent for this kind of
>experimentation.
>
>Elaine Ziska, LLLL

The parents have been told that the effect of ABM is not clear yet. That
there have been conflicting results in research. The research was permitted
by a ethical commission.

A friend of me was one of the involved families. (During that time I didn't
knew her yet).

The local pedi's and midwifes of my town have been worked in this research.
Based on this outcome the pedi's have decided that they could give 'normal'
ABM instead of hypoallergen ABM when bf babies 'need' supplementation.

regards,

Annelies Bon
breastfeeding counsellor of the Dutch bf org "Borstvoeding Natuurlijk"
mailto:[log in to unmask]