Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 00:34:53 EDT
I don't have the specific answer to the question about holland.

However, since this has come up on Lactnet before (though not recently), I
want to volunteer the way I now discuss this when anyone raises it with me.

I say:   Yes, it really shows you how hugely much better human milk is for
humans than any other option.  Of course we've know for a long time that,
since humans are higher up the food chain than cows, there is more junk
(dioxins etc) concentrated in our fat and so in our milk too.   And yet
babies who get anything else instead of human milk -- even with dioxins and
all -- still have so much more of every bad thing than formula fed babies!
Even more leukemia later on, god forbid.   So while of course it would be
great to reduce all of our exposure to environmental toxins, it is still
dangerous to take away human milk from any baby.

Elisheva Urbas
bf spin doctor in NYC