Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 16:47:52 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
After working for 9 years in a hospital based clinic, Ive just started my private practice. The clinic I worked for owned a Medela Baby Weight Scale, so when I began my practice I also considered renting (about $26 per mo.) vs. buying.  My feeling is that Medela is not to keen in renting the scale.  Im still waiting for the contact person to either contact me or send me the paper work (I contacted them back in Dec 2005)...and believe me,,,I called!!!!    I discussed this with another LC and she told me that after filling out all the paper work, they told her "her credit didnt pass"???  She end up buying one, and so did I $750.  Still, it is worth every penny.  I received mine in February, and I think I  already got my moneys worth.

I did consider buying the other brand mentioned in Lacnet (sorry, forgot the name) but after someone metioning they didnt understand the instructions in Japanese (ha,ha,ha) that scarred me out.  

PS.  The only problem I had with the scale was with the AC adapter, which I had to replaced about every two years ($80)...the same thing happens with the Pump In Styles...the AC's cord is extremely delicate and it breaks up.  At this moment Im using my scale with batteries, and it works fine...I did trave a lot with the scale, and it kept going.

Carmen Cabrer, IBCLC, RLC, LLLL
  [log in to unmask]
  www.lacted.com
  lacted.com/blog
  San Juan, Puerto Rico

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2