Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:28:06 +1000
"Something that I don't know of anyone having tried is having the *mother*
drink the formula!  I think this may have been Linda Pohl's idea.  It tastes
wretched, and it would be expensive, but wouldn't it be *interesting* to see
if a few days of mom receiving nothing that we weren't prepared to give the
baby, preferably treating her milk with lactase at the same time, made a
difference? ... I sure am curious to know if this has ever been tried..."

I've been on a breastfeeding reflux list with a woman who's baby wasn't
tolerating breastmilk, even with a strict elimination diet.  Neocate was
tried and baby still reacted.  The mother ended up on neocate which then
allowed the baby to tolerate the breastmilk.  I know that this was for much
more than just a few days although I'm not aware for how long it continued.

Suzie Heaton
Australia