From:
Anna Swisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 19:14:54 -0800
This is my first time to post on Lactnet, although I'm pleased to see
some familiar names from TLC. I am a LLL Leader in Austin,TX (since
6/95). I have a mother with a five week old baby who has Turner's
Syndrome and PDA. The pediatric cardiologist at the hospital felt the
hole would close on its own.

Baby is gaining well, but nursing "all the time". She gets sleepy at the
breast; it takes the mother one hour to BF her for 20 minutes. Mother is
very committed to BF. Has also had a bout with thrush, treating with
Nystatin (both mother and baby).

Has anyone encountered Turner's Syndrome before? Or is the sleepiness at
the breast related to the PDA? Mother's done all the typical things to
wake the baby. Only thing that works is to put her down; baby will awaken
 & cry within 5-10 minutes and resume BF.

TIA,

Anna Swisher
Austin, TX