From:
Deborah S-Q <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:46:39 +0000
kathy you put it so well. i attended my first lll meeting with a partially
bottlefed partially breastfed child. i was afraid to take out the bottle
when he got fussy & afraid to try & breastfeed him in case he screamed &
refused. the fear of being judged was unfounded. the guilt feelings i felt
came from within. everyone there wase so kind & compassionate & helpful.
that is not to discount these women's experiences, i recognize there may be
some meetings where insensitive comments have been made - i would like to
think they have been made my non-leaders as leaders are, as someone
mentioned previously, trained to be good listeners & supporters, &
non-judgemental.
going no-mail now due to gall bladder surgery upcoming which i am trying to
cope with mentally & physically!
thanks for all the stimulating reading this list has given me
deborah sowery-quinn
canada