From:
Julie Jarvis RPA-C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:45:47 -0600
Here's the response I got to my Target email-- She didn't print a return
email address-- I'd like to respond, but I guess she didn't want any
further comments.  I'd like to see how accurate their "natural feeding"
info was.  Anyone have a copy of that?  I'm nomail so please send to my
email address.  At least they aren't distributing the pamphlet anymore.
------Julie Jarvis  mailto:[log in to unmask]
Julie,

Target is a family store. We strive to serve all of our guests,
including
parents who prefer breastfeeding as well as bottle feeding.
Target does not endorse or discourage either method.
We realize that some of our guests have seen an article on the internet
titled
"Advantages of bottle feeding." This article was not placed on the web
by
Target. It is also an incomplete representation of a 2-page article
which
featured"Advantages of natural feeding" on one page and "Advantages of
bottle
feeding" on an adjoining page.
This article was part of Target's Lullaby Club gift registry publication
but
has expired and is no longer being distributed by stores.
Target apologizes for any misunderstanding this article may have caused.
Our
store policy is to offer assistance to mothers who wish to breastfeed
their
baby while shopping. We invite them to use our fitting rooms or another
comfortable place to feed their baby at our store.

Sarah, guest relations