From:
Debbie Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2015 22:50:50 -0500
Ways to make ample milk without taking pumping breaks at work can  include
using a hands-free wearable pump.

For example: I saw a new mom bedside who would not put baby to breast. Mom
was agreeable to pumping. We added several strategies to facilitate flow,
optimize production, and keep her nipples soft and supple. After going home
she  subsequently came to the hospital 'Breastfeeding Moms Group' regularly.

When returning to work full-time she had a problem with not being able to
take enough break time to pump ample milk. She was amenable to  trying a
hands-free wearable double pump. She bought one online and wore it  under her
bra and work cloths. She liked it so much she used at home  also, she made
plenty of milk, so much that she started stock piling the  excess in her
freezer. Her baby was gaining like a champ.

What did surprise me was when I learned that her job was at a veterinary
hospital and that even with all the inherent physical activity of that job
including dogs and other animals jumping on her, her wrestling them into
certain  positions for procedures, she had no problem with the wearable pump
becoming dislodged.

As for cleaning the pump parts - those can be kept in the refrigerator and
re-used during work hours, washed later or at home.

Debbie Tobin RN, BSN
Fairfax County, Virginia suburbs  outside the Washington DC beltway

In a message dated 2/6/2015 2:03:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,