From:
Attie Sandink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:15:34 -0500
Linda;
Your response for Lisa was well stated. That was somewhat the way I
proceded at our Hospital. Many changes have been made and policies revised.
But each revision is part of staff education when they are ready. But
remember you won't always be everyones friend.

Lisa; we use the LATCH scoring in this hospital for the nurses to assess
the breastfeeding dyad(at least they are supposed to. I think it is
described in one of the JOurnals but I can't remeber which one. Does anyone
else remember? I would also be interested though in what others use as a
self assessment tool for latch

Attie Sandink RN. IBCLC.