From:
"Linda J. Inglis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:28:01 EST
I, too just had to jump in.  As long as we are going down memory lane with the
twin thread.  My twins are 24 years old, identical girls, and not breastfed.
They were born just in time to enter the US Air Force's first NICU.  Of course
parents were not allowed in there for any length of time.  I think we only got
to see them for 10 minutes every 3 hours or so.  I have always regretted that
I was not able to nurse them.  By the time they were parolled they were 8 and
12 weeks old, well past nursing in that day and time.  I too went to one
meeting of Mothers of Twins.  Came away extremely depressed.  All they talked
about were problems-I knew what those were and needed some "up lifting".  We
dressed ours alike till they complained, mostly due to gifts that came that
way.  We tried to seperate them all sorts of ways, including trying to send
them to different colleges.  They rebelled and ended up room-mates in college.
They finally "seperated" in their own time and their own way.  Both are
professional women, in different fields, despite being raised in tandem.  It
was a great experience, one that I wouldn't trade for anything.  Life with
three daughters in their 20's is sure easier than life with them when they
were all under 2!

Linda Inglis
Palm Harbor, FL