From:
Jeanne Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 1995 16:46:05 GMT
Hello, friends -

A mom had a benign tumor removed in pregnancy.  It was on the outer edge
of the areola,
Left breast.  The site became infected, abscessed, and opened close to
the nipple.  The
nipple healed, but was misshapen.  Baby has refused left breast (and is
now 2 1/2 mo.).
During first weeks, when breasts were full, incision area would open and
drain clear fluid.
Mom noticed incision opening again last night.  She has not nursed on
that side in over a
month.  So. . . #1, she would like to heal site completely, #2, she
would like to relactate
on that side after healing.  BTW, I have already referred her to a
surgeon who is lactating
breast-friendly.

I am seeking information about raw grated carrots, potatoes, used as a
poultice.  Will
someone explain to the vegetable illiterate which veggie is good for
what, how often, how
long.  Question, someone described putting grated cabbage in a cabbage
leaf as a poultice.
Wonderful idea!  Could we put other veggies in the cabbage leaf?

TIA, Jeanne Fisher, Austin, TX