Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:24:11 -0700
When my son was barely 2.5 mos old I was given the opportunity to write a
5.5 hour long test/exam to work for the federal government in border patrol.
 I figured it would be hard on him and me, but he was frequently doing that
long or longer overnight so I had hopes that he would find it ok.  I left
him wandering the mall with my neighbour and her 2yo daughter *hoping* I
would get to see them easily enough at break time (which was scheduled for
"around the 3 hour mark".  I did hear him crying outside the exam room a
short while (10 min?) before we got out for our break and he did nurse with
gusto off both sides during the break but he survived the 8-1:30 time
without me ok.  It sure wasn't ideal but I also know he won't remember his
sad moments 20 years from now.  And he really wasn't unhappy for *too* long.
 I did provide EBM to my neighbour in both a bottle and a straw box
rubbermaid cup type thing, neither of which he wanted.  She said he got all
excited about the smell of the milk but couldn't take the nipple into his
mouth without gagging (too long a teat?).  Poor thing.
Fio

--
Maman to Sandrine, 9yo, Nyssa 6.5yo, and Tristan, born 11 aug 2008.
"Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes

http://www.rabais-coupons.com pour des coupons virtuels