From:
"Lisa A. Marasco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 13:54:22 -0800
I teach breastfeeding classes as the back-up instructor for another
IBCLC. Our hospital has had two management changes in the last couple of
years, and they work closely with Healthnet and other managed care groups
on developing our prenatal curriculums. Recently they tried to cut the BF
class down to 1 1/2 hours, and we had to beg for 2-2 1/2 hours. As it is,
the class is at a frantic pace, and working issues can't be covered at
all.  We aren't exactly making big bucks teaching, but the money still
seems to be an issue.     And, as others have noted, many mothers go home
without having a successful latch-on; it is so frustrating!

-Lisa

Lisa A. Marasco, IBCLC
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant