From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 08:29:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/02 7:11:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  I'm too busy to be sick

Terriann,
As simple as it may seem, I cannot help but wonder if this is the problem. I
think if she were my client I would recommend bed rest,  fluid monitoring (Is
she drinking enough water?) and lethicin. It sounds as if she has 4?
children, perhaps very close in ages. This may be a challenge. She may need
to call on all her human resources for help with the children or at the very
least find some interesting quiet toys and give each child a "job" to help
mommy get well, while they play quietly near her bed. Is she wearing a bra?
tight clothing? Does the mastitis occur in the same area each time? Does she
wear a sling or one of those front-carriers? Is there something she is
wearing or doing (Sleeping with one arm under her breasts?) that may be
restricting the flow?
I definitely think it is necessary to determine the underlying cause of the
repeat infections.
Also, I am relatively new to the field, but I cannot help wondering about the
red-rings she describes. Is there any chance this could be from Lyme disease
and unrelated to the breast infections/mastitis?
Just some thoughts....
Laura Wright
Jackson, MS