From:
Paul & Kathy Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 13:45:06 -0500
Denise,
My third baby did what sounds alot like what this baby is doing.  She would
click and break suction. It was very audible and I could feel the suction
being broken with each suck. I stuggled with what to do about it.  Her weight
was excellant (off the charts), diapers were fine, latch and positioning were
good and my nipples were not sore.  The only problem we had was that she took
in an enormous amount of air and had the loudest burps of any baby I have
ever seen.  I finally concluded, as you did, that this probably wasn't a
problem except that she was a noisy nurser--I was hesitant about nursing in
certain places (church, for example) because it was very disruptive.  She
eventually grew out of it.  I can't tell you when because it was so gradual.
She is now 8 months old and hasn't clicked in several months!

Kathy, LLL Leader
Alexandria, VA