From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:21:43 -0500
I tell parents that juice is kiddie junk food, it's better to eat the apple
or orange.  My colleague tells them that a glass of juice is as good as a
handfull of gummie bears :-) TV advertising  has really ingrained in the
public mind that juice is good for you.  But parents and kids abuse it's use
so badly  Parents are misguided and think if its juice then it is ok. :-(  .
There is research showing that too   much juice contributes to the pediatric
obesity epidemic.  The first thing I try to cut from kids' diet is regular
milk (use 2%), juice (eat the fruit) , soda, koolade and gatorade.  Do you
know most parents thing gatorade is good for kids? !   Pat in SNJ