From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 15:16:33 -0600
Had an interesting comment from one of my university students yesterday in
my "Women and Culture" class.  They were thrilled to hear that the mother is
at least expressing milk and dividing it among the babies.  But one young
woman commented that she thought it was really hypocritical of all these
companies and individuals to be offering these folks all this stuff, as no
one is so generous to people who have 8 kids one at a time.  In fact, most
people would consider it immoral for a poor family to have eight kids.

I was appalled that the Catholic college that donated the full scholarships
gave only seven, leaving out the 2 year old.  What's she supposed to do,
work at McDonald's??

Anyway, thanking God it's not me who has seven newborns, and wishing this
family all the best.  It will be interesting to follow them as they grow up.