Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2012 23:32:08 +0000
>Wow
>
>I don't know if this is the right venue to discuss this-but I was
>upset to see that the Nestle literature now advertises a Gerber
>Certified Lactation Consultant to answer moms breastfeeding questions
>They also have an IBCLC working for them-a mom can call and make an
>appointment for her to call them back .
>When I spoke to this person she would only give me her first name,
>and she did specify that yes she is an IBCLC-I told her I was a bit
>confused that she would be working for a formula company-she replied
>that she does not promote breast milk substitutes and assist nestle
>in providing literature in line with recommendations from the CDC
>and ABM.
>Am I crazy or does this just seem wrong?

Of course this is wrong and unethical.  How can someone do this and
remain a registered practitioner?

Accountable practitioners shouldn't be so embarrassed at what they
are doing that they decline to give their names, either.

None of the voluntary organisations I am aware of permit this - it's
astonishing that the professionals ones appear to do so.

Heather Welford Neil

NCT bfc, tutor, UK