From:
Veronika Tudhope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 09:39:24 EDT
As is I seem to be coming rather forcefuly out of semi-lurk it might be a good
time to introduce myself.
I have been involved in breastfeeeding promotion since my older daughter was
born. I have been training as a voluntary breastfeeding counsellor for the last
three years and am (hopefully) nearly finished. Besides being active in the
National Chilbirth  Trust and Baby Milk Action ( British part of IBFAN) I have
been sitting on the committee of the Ayrshire Breastfeeding Initiative for quite
a while. Our most recent project is to take a trailer with a breastfeeding
display and eduactioanl material to 5 local schools in May. Preparation for this
is taking up most of my time at the moment. My house is permanently full of
breastfeeding zealots having meetings.
I have a very supportive husband, Ken and my two daughters are Johanna (5) and
Rosi(2). We were all breastfed! Rosi still is. Johanna was diagnosed diabetic at
3 and a half , the treatment is insulin  but what I want for her is a cure! This
sounds slightly crazy but if I tell everybody I meet I have a better chance of
finding one.
I should say that I find Latnet is inspiring. I don't know what I did without it
. . . housework perhaps?
All the best from Scotland,
Veronika Tudhope.