From:
esti golovensitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:30:55 +0200
Hello all,
I"ll introduce myself before I ask my question:-I have been enjoying Lactnet for a good few months now , but this is the first time I"m posting.(I believe this is called "lurking"?) I'm a childbirth educator,and breastfeeding support person(aspiring IBCLC).I"m the proud mother of five ,and live in Jerusalem.Besides teaching CBE to moms and couples soon to become parents,I work at a Mother and Baby convalescent center.Many of the women I see there and anywhere  ask me to recommend nipple ointments (for sore nipples) -after BF assessment and improved positioning and latch of course.(I find that many many moms insist on a cream or ointment even though the soreness improves with the improved latch and/or support.) we recommend use of moms own milk and purified lanolin-or some near equivalent to APNO.Very often the moms ask about a specific ointment which seems to be very popular and highly recommended by other moms and nurses.Moms are told they need not remove it before BF.I would like to hear what you think about its safety-I tell moms it very well  might not be safe at all.
The main ingredients are:Chlorhexidine,and dexpanthenol.it also contains some essential oils that are not listed.
Warmly,
Esti Golovensitz
Jerusalem