Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:10:26 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (36 lines)
Been using a battery operated personal massager for years for mastitis/plugged ducts/engorgement - till the battery recharger died!  Works great.  The one I had also had a heating element and was very small.  Great tool! Wish I could find another one! 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jody Segrave-Daly
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: Threads from Mom looking like dental floss

I recently had a mom who had a similar experience.  The warning that was posted above, about the potential for moms to freak out when they see clumps or strings being discharged from their nipple is VERY accurate.  My Mom FREAKED, and then Re-Freaked again!  After talking to me, she called her OB and insisted she need an ultrasound, immediately.  He wasnt too happy with me, because it was in the middle of the night!  Since he is my hub, he didnt get very far:)  Anyway, I came upon the fantastic reference listed under the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, called Clinical Pearls.  {Search under the Breastfeeding Blog-an awesome resource.}

***Sometimes using the flat side of an electric toothbrush over a superficial duct plug in the breast helps them break up, a poor man's ultrasound therapy. -Amy Evans, California ****

So, off to the pharmacy I went, with coupons in hand, to buy a few battery operated toothbrushes to have on hand for my home visits.  

Thoughts?

Jody

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2