From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:31:05 -0400
Dear all:

I wrote sloppily.  What I remember from the conference was the the BABY removed 50% or
so.  I cautioned that I was unsure of this number and I was wrong at least from what I read
in Nancy Morbacher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackette's quote of the research which is 75%
(p124).  Which is also quoted by Cathy Genna.  The problem with conferences sometimes is
that you get abstracts and not the details down on paper so you can't always confirm what
you think you hear.

I reread my post and realized I did what I often do -- used a double negative in a
completely confusing way.

What I remember from their talk was research showed that the PUMP REMOVED MORE MILK
than the babies did.  Removing more milk may be helpful for problems, but if it is more
than what an average healthy breastfeeding baby takes, it is not the norm.  I remember the
extra amount being fairly substantial.

Best, Susan Burger