From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:41:41 +0100
The Baby Friendly UK website, run in collaboration with UNICEF, has some
excellent materials in many languages, including Arabic and Somali.  I
notice that the sheet on safe preparation of bottle feeds is not available
in Somali, unfortunately.
http://www.babyfriendly.org.uk/parents/leaflets.asp

A lot of the older Somali women I see can not read any language, but our
interpreters are largely men, and just having a leaflet we could go through
with the woman together, would be a help.  I love these leaflets because all
the women look like they are having fun feeding their babies.  The
illustrations are good, and the language is simple and clear, judging from
the English versions.

Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway