From:
Cindy Neary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 00:59:30 EDT
     I hope one of our physicians will respond also, but I think that this
doc's rationale for stopping breastfeeding is a crock.  Blood flows through
your thyroid during radiation and we don't ligate the vessels to stop that
from "pulling the radiation into the rest of your body"  Does this lady
already have metastasis to the chest?  Are they planning to irradiate her
breasts?  This could cause problems with supply and with radiation that I
could understand, but if they are just irradiating her neck it seems specious
to me.  Tell her to ask for a reference that backs this up.  Could they be
planning some kind of chemotherapy for her?

     Cindy Neary