From:
Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 06:13:16 -0600
Thanks for those who have replied to my engorgement question.  Are there
any studies comparing cold only with cold between and heat before
feeding or pumping or are our recommendations based on experience and
general information on edema?

Although "finishing the first breast" may help prevent engorgement and
provide many other benefits, should a mother who is severely engorged be
advised to offer both breasts to provide relief and to keep the milk
flowing?

I'm still way behind on posts.  Please reply privately as well as to the
list.  TIA

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC  from the sunny S.W. USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]