From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 07:47:24 -0800
 Kathrine:  Thank you for an eloquent post on premies.  Recently, I
attended a session by Marcovich and I have to say that I was literally in
tears.  The video and slides that she presented are so convincing that
these little premies are being threatened by our interventions.  For those
of you who haven't seen her work, I highly recommend it.  It epitomizes
what iatrogenic effects our good intentions have on patients.  The thing
that struck me most was Marcovich's sincere and tender concern for the
parents and babies.  Although she has clearly worked in this for years, she
has not forgotten that each baby is unique and that we really need to
respect each mother-baby dyad and not try to "fix" things.

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]   : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340    : )
: )LLLLLLLLLLLLL**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL : )