From:
"Stearns, Crystal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:16:22 -0500
Was doing a search, since I had never heard of Goldsmith's sign  before, and
found several article as LC we need read.

Am Surg. 1996 Dec;62(12):998-9.

The milk rejection sign: a natural tumor marker.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&term=%22
Saber+A%22%5BAuthor%5D> Saber A,
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&term=%22
Dardik+H%22%5BAuthor%5D> Dardik H,
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&term=%22
Ibrahim+IM%22%5BAuthor%5D> Ibrahim IM,
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&term=%22
Wolodiger+F%22%5BAuthor%5D> Wolodiger F.

Department of Surgery, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, New Jersey
07631, USA.

Early discovery of breast cancer in the lactating female will result in
improved survival rates. One such marker is the "milk rejection sign," which
has rarely been described and consists of the rejection by the nursing
infant of the lactating breast that harbors an occult breast carcinoma.
Recognition of this particular sign is vital and will enable early diagnosis
and improved prognosis.

Am J Surg. 1974 Mar;127(3):280-1.

Milk-rejection sign of breast cancer.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&term=%22
Goldsmith+HS%22%5BAuthor%5D> Goldsmith HS.

Crystal Stearns RNC, MS, IBCLC

Mercy Memorial Health Center

Ardmore, OK 73401