From:
Jparks1041 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 10:35:19 EDT

<< The problem arises from the fact that an infant consuming a steady diet of
 soy formula is getting hundreds of times more estrogen per pound of body
 weight than the amount recommended for a menopausal woman to control the
 symptoms of menopause. The concern is what effect does all of this
 "estrogen activity" have on the hormonal and gender development of those
 infants. >>

I am working with a mom who has custody of her sister's baby, and has tried
unsuccessfully to breastfeed the baby, who was fully bf for three months,
until mom left.  Lots of problems with formula--finally baby put on soy, to
better results.  HOWEVER:  I see this baby on a weekly basis, so I can attest
to one definite change since soy formula began:  baby girl's breasts (5
months) have become extremely swollen and tender (grimaces when you touch
them).  Instead of her chest feeling flat, they feel raised and inflated a
good 2 inches all around the nipple.

Soy as culprit?

Mailto:  [log in to unmask]
Joy Berry-Parks