Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:10:23 EDT
Ruth,
I had to take a stand here about a year ago. Form. co. rep, very nice person,
wanted to give a luncheon at our hosp for mch staff show video about Drugs in
lactation. Since it had something to do with my dept., they had to go through
me. I said absolutely no way. If the nurses need drug info as related to
lactation we have Tom Hale's reference book MMM on the unit. They respected
my decision and the subject was dropped. They may not have agreed with me and
my stand but I was allowed to make the final call.
It is a small victory considering the amount of money donated on a yearly
basis I'm sure.
Jane CiaramellaRNC, IBCLC