From:
Margo Trueman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:24:29 -0700
The closest thing I can relate is that I had a wheat allergy that developed out of the blue when I was about 20.  When I was in my 8th month of pregnancy with my son at the age os 29, it disappeared completely.  That was in 2000.  I have been nursing non-stop since then and had two more babies.  So far, I can eat whatever wheat products I want.  I still have to watch that I don't eat too much at one time/in one day but other than that, I'm okay.  I have no idea what will happen years down the road.  I go 2 years without my cycles and promptly get pregnant again so I've not had regular cycles since 1999.  I am curious - and hoping not - as to whether when I'm all done having babies and starting to cycle on a regular basis b/c I'm not getting pregnant again, if it will return or when I'm 100% done breastfeeding.  I'll find out either in 2011 (assuming I have a baby sometime in 2009 and go 2 years before I start to cycle on a regular basis b/c I'm not having babies after November 2010 (when I turn 40) or sometime in 2014/15 when I'm no longer breastfeeding anyone at all.  So there's my anecdote for what it's worth.  Certainly not a chronic illness but still, a condition that went away with pregnancy and has not returned yet b/c of being PG or BFing all this time.

Margo