From:
Nancy Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 01:26:17 EDT
I lost not only my brother (father of a 3 month old bfing baby girl) but a
sister-in-law in the WTC bombings.  Lactnet has been one of the few peaceful
outlets I have had since my life changed on September 11.  Thinking about us
all helping mothers and babies helped keep me focused during memorials,
wakes, days of continuing worry and horror.  When many of you from countries
other than the US offered condolences to the people of this country on
Lactnet, I was grateful for each one.  I printed them out and saved them.
They have been a great comfort to me.

To now read a post dripping with sarcasm, lies and half-truths is much more
than I can bear at the present time.  I never thought I would find such
cruelty and thoughtlessness on Lactnet.

I will remain proud to be an American, proud of the many heros we have seen
this past month, proud of our President, proud of my US Navy dad who was one
of the first GIs sent to the UK to help defend them during WWII, proud of two
of my cousins now in dangerous territory either helping to defend freedom for
the whole world or to deliver humanitarian supplies to a suffering people.

I am unsubscribing to Lactnet as I am not strong enough now to deal with bias
and ignorance.

Praying for everyone's continued safety,

Nancy