From:
Karen Koss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 21:32:32 -0500
I am writing in my capacity as the Lactation Consultant for the Michigan
State University/Michigan WIC Breastfeeeding Initiative (BFI), a peer
counseling program funded by a three year USDA grant. We have 13
paraprofessionals hired and supervised by MSU Extension to provide
mother-to-mother breastfeeding information and support to WIC clients.

We would like to build a master list of areas that have peer counselor
programs.

If you have such a program, would you please E-mail me privately? Send a
brief description of your program, including whether your counselors are paid
or not, and how you are funded.

I will share the information on Lactnet once it's all collected.

Karen Koss
Brighton, MI