From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:25:47 -0400
I remember standing in a checkout line, having dashed to the store to pick
up a can of formula for the perilously thin baby of a client, and thinking,
"There is a place for this stuff, after all," and then immediately thinking,
"No, wait!  The whole reason I'm unable to dash to the store to pick up a
can of *human milk* is that these companies have prevented that from
happening."  No baby on the face of the planet has a need for standard
formula.  Babies may need additional food, and formula may have to stand in
for it, but Morgan nailed it.  Fourth best has forced third best out of the
regular marketplace.

  >>I think the point there is that whilst some babies need supplementation,
they never 'need' formula.  They need human milk, and then, If All Else
Fails, they should move down to 4th choice - formula.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY  USA