From:
Heidi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 00:06:36 -0400
Hi!  I have just joined the list, and I am an "IBCLC wanna be" to quote
others from the list!  I have a 16 month d breastfeeding daughter, am a
LLL leader applicant, and a college student interested in becoming a
CNM.  As soon as I get ALL THOSE counseling hours I hope to sit for the
IBCLCE.  I also plan on becoming a WIC peer counselor when the next round
of cert classes begins!  Just a quick post about a good bf book.  Several
of my favorites have been mentioned, but one I particular like is
_Breastfeeding Your Baby_ by Sheila Kitzinger.  It has FABULOUS
illustrations of breastfeeding women of all races, all sizes of breasts,
different shaped nipples, etc.  There is not a lot of text, but it covers
all the basics such as prevention of sore nipples, increasing supply, and
also has a lot of encouragement and emotional support for new moms.  By
far the illustrations are the best of ANY book I have seen.  All
different age children too!  A great waiting room book!  Well, bye for
now... heading back into lurkdom.

Heidi Murphy, breastfeeding peer counselor and IBCLCWB!!

PS  I noticed Maureen Minchin contributes to this list, and was SOOO
excited!  I recently wrote a 24 page research paper on the History of BF
for a History of Biology class, and was unable to find a copy of
_Breastfeeding Matters_ ANYWHERE!!!  If anyone could help me to get a
copy I would be forever endebted! Since this is off topic, email
privately please.