From:
Marianne Vanderveen-Kolkena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:22:42 +0200
I don't know, Ingrid, how they came up with it...
Many of the Monty Python stuff is just SO hilarious and so over the top that
it makes you wonder how they must roll over the floor laughing while
developing it.
Their sketches are weird and anyone will see how ridiculous the situations
are, but there is always a serious kernel in it that denounces something
worth fighting for.
I think for our profession, this little clip might come in handy every once
in a while.
Even in a very, very diluted form, the faith in machines and equipment and
the power of money threatens the breastfeeding and mother/parent/child
relationship.
If you like the Monty Python style and never saw something from them
before... you can spend a funny evening googling on Youtube.
I came across this clip while searching for the exploding man. He seriously
demonstrates projectile vomiting and risks of overfeeding... ;o)
(Don't click, if you cannot stand their humour...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Bs1ZZ-7b8)

Bye,

Marianne Vanderveen IBCLC, Netherlands