From:
Kirsten Berggren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 10:44:10 -0400
Can the milk-out-of-the-nose thing just be normal variation sometimes?
I have a friend with a strong let-down (and the ability to pump 5-6 oz
at a sitting by the mom in question suggests an abundant milk supply)
and her baby always leaked milk from her nose in the side-lying
position. All of the suggested solutions sounded like too much work to
my friend, so she decided to just view it has her daughter's normal
adaptation to a strong let-down. She felt like a little extra IgA in
the nose couldn't hurt, and baby never had any other oral
complications. Is milk out the nose sometimes just milk out the nose?

Kirsten Berggren, PhD, CLC
www.workandpump.com