From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:34:35 +0200
I have a quention about the antbodies and other components in mother's milk
that figth virusses and other diseases.

If the mother has already catched a particular disease, how does her
immunity pass to her milk?

and what happens if a mother hasn't catched a disease before? How does the
immunity components come into her milk?

I remember to have read somewhere that the alveoli are able to respond to
the exposure of the virus by produciung antibodies itself, without
intervention of the mother's immune system.

Does anyone know the answers to the above questions?

I'm in discussion with some docters who are very sceptic about everything
about human milk (appearantly they do not know much about it). Eg they do
not believe that unvaccinated breastfed baby's have lower change to catch
polio, for instance . (Btw the discussion is not about vaccination itself,
we both agree on it).

Coudl someone tell me more, or point me to resources where to find more?

regards, Annelies Bon
Lay counsellor of the Dutch bf organization "Borstvoeding Natuurlijk"
Breastfeeding postcards: http://www.borstvoeding.com/shop/english.html
Ordering from US: http://www.attachmentscatalog.com/gifts/notecards.html