From:
Del Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 21:41:20 +0800
Hi Diane and all

I haven't suggested a mum to visualise that she was a sword swallower :-))
but I often suggest she visualise what WE do when we want to swallow a drink
really quickly - we tip our head back - lift our chin and open the
oesophagus and airway - and it allows us to swallow quickly and continue to
breath really well. And if our chin is squished into our neck we will find
it really difficult to swallow and breathe at all. This is a great way to
help mums understand what might be happening with a baby who's not coping
with a fast flow and/or big supply.

regards
Del
Del Smith