Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 09:40:27 EDT
One of my clients has suffered with uveitis for the past seven years.  She
had no flare ups during the pregnancy and until now with baby at 4 months.
She has asked the question if there is any relationship between her
breastfeeding and a flare up of uveitis.  This is one of the worst flare ups
she has experienced. She has tried a couple of precription eye drop meds with
no relief.  Of course, eye doc told her if she used the eye drop meds to stop
bfing, but she's continuing to bf.  I tried to assure her that it was not
related, but she asked me to research it for her.  So, wise ones, any
comments or info?  TIA

Warm regards,
Pat Lindsey, IBCLC - Lactation Services
Pediatrics Plus Staff LC & Private Practice
Orlando, FL