From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:54:03 -0500
>Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:48:38 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Your lovely product
>
>I had to laugh at your web page.  The mom wouldn't need a bottle-propper
if she was just breastfeeding her baby!  You don't have to hold your own
breast -- it comes attached to your chest wall.  And yes, even mothers of
multiples can successfully breastfeed.  I actually think your product is
quite dangerous because of the risk of choking and asphyxiating formula,
which can lead to quite nasty lung infections.  Of course, there are
hundreds of other reasons why mothers and babies should be breastfeeding
instead of using formula.

>Formula use increases a baby's risk of: allergies, asthma, cancer
(including childhood lymphoma and breast cancer in adult women), diabetes,
multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, ear infection, and heart disease.
 formula use always lower a baby's IQ.

>Please consider turning your obvious creative and business talents to
something less likely to harm children.

-------
Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.                         email:
Anthropology Department                               phone: (409) 845-5256
Texas A&M University                                    fax: (409) 845-4070
College Station, TX  77843-4352
http://www.prairienet.org/laleche/dettwyler.html