From:
"Sandink, Attie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:46:10 -0500
I'm usually lurking or complaining but now I would like to make some
comments about using an assessment tool. I agree with Cathy Lilies . Many,
Many times we have had patients that were assess to be latching well. (we
still use LATCH, for want of anything else teachable) and even assessed
ourselves and the test weights showed little change. Our scales is very
accurate.
I am a bit curious Teresa and Jo -Anne why you have nose first. This is
often a cause of the nose being buried deep in the breast and the bottem lip
too close to the areola without mild neck flexion. I always  say chin first
with nipple to the roof of the mouth. this allows for better cupping of the
areola.
I must have missed the earlier tool alluded to. can someone just direct me
to day and time. MBA I think it was?
Attie