Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 23:22:29 +0000
> A recent article cleared Karo syrup as a potential cause of infant botulism
> in the US.  Processing standards had changed so that botulism spores were no
> longer present.  I don't have the article (I'm at home, it's at work) but
> I've posted this before so it should be in the archives.
> Debi VanderMey Barr, MS, RD, LD

Debi,

I did do a lactnet search and I did come across the reference for the
article. I was hoping to find out if further information existed. Since
processing standards were changed prior to testing, how much can you
trust that the standards haven't changed again. And even so, why is it
that cases of botulism associated with karo syrup still being reported.
Thank you for responding.

Assunta