From:
Cathy Carothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 09:45:09 CDT
I presented a "Basic Breastfeeding" training to a group of dieticians last
Friday.  Afterwards, I was approached by a dietician expecting her first baby
very soon and very excited about breastfeeding.  She said that although my
comments on the importance of rooming in made a lot of sense, she was
concerned about information presented at her recent hospital childbirth
class.  The instructor of this class, although admitting there were benefits
to rooming in, warned mothers that if they fell asleep while baby was in the
room, "anyone" could walk in off the street and steal their baby.

Of course, this doesn't say much for the hospital's security system OR how
"baby friendly" the hospital is, but was wondering if anyone else has ever
encountered this before?

Cathy Carothers, IBCLC